St. Thomas Aquinas College is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for users of all abilities. We are always working to improve the user experience for everyone, and to apply the relevant accessibility standards.
Our Website Accessibility Guidelines
We make every effort to follow the guidelines provided by World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1) at the Double A standard. These accessibility guidelines help us work to make content accessible to a wide range of users. The colors, typography and structure of our website were built with accessibility in mind.
Accessibility relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Our website has been built with the following WCAG accessibility considerations in mind:
- Providing text alternatives for non-text content, and avoiding images made of text.
- Providing captions and alternatives for videos and other multimedia.
- Making it easier for users to see and hear content with appropriate color contrast and text size.
- Making the site functional from a keyboard.
- Giving users time to read and use content.
- Avoiding content known to cause physical reactions, such as blinking or rapid transitions.
- Helping users navigate content easily, by using appropriate page titles, appropriate use of HTML headings, a search function and a site map.
- Using text that is readable and easy to understand.
- Using human language in site content; avoiding indeterminate language.
- Content appears and functions in appropriate ways and uses consistent navigation.
- Working to ensure our site is compatible with various assistive technologies.
Website accessibility is an ongoing process and content on our site is modified on a regular basis. Below is a description of known limitations that we are aware of as of February 2022. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Quality of user generated content: The public St. Thomas Aquinas College website is maintained by a set of key users. Through ongoing training and regular site audits, we strive to ensure the quality of consistently accessible content from these users.
Document accessibility: In certain areas, the site contains links to PDF documents. We are working to increase the accessibility of these documents in their original creation, before they are uploaded to the site. This is an ongoing process.
Web forms: This site links to some third-party forms hosted on external websites. Accessibility conformance may vary due to the standards of these external sites.
To submit feedback on the accessibility of the St. Thomas Aquinas College website, please contact us using the information below.
St. Thomas Aquinas College
125 Route 340
Sparkill, New York 10976