Thank you for your interest in our open Staff positions. St. Thomas Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates representing diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Please apply for employment to the College office/division indicated in the individual position announcement. The application should not be sent to the Human Resources Office unless indicated.
Our Staff positions are listed in two categories, Administrative Professional positions (exempt) and Support Staff positions (non-exempt).
Administrative / ProfesSIONAL POSITIONS
St. Thomas Aquinas College invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Athletics. Under the direction of the Director of Athletics the Associate Director assists in the administration of the College Division II Athletic Program and the intercollegiate Athletic Program. In conjunction with the Director, the Associate Director serves as the liaison between the Faculty Representative and the Athletic Department.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Assumes responsibility for the overall operation of the athletic department in the absence of the Director of Athletics.
- Assists in administering the NCAA Division II Intercollegiate athletics program for 10 male and 12 female teams, and four varsity sports.
- Assists the Director in monitoring and coordinating all day-to-day aspects of the Intercollegiate Athletic Programs.
- Meet with head coaches on a regular basis to monitor progress of each individual program.
- Plans, organizes and schedules weekly practice schedules for all athletic teams with appropriate input, i.e., input from other coaches.
- Represents the College at Conference, local, state and national meetings.
- Serves ECC as an administrative support committee member
- Assists the Compliance Director and the Director of Athletics in preparing and submitting to appropriate personnel the completed Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) and NCAA reports as requested.
- Assists Director in providing Strategic Oversight for athletic department and administrative support units (athletic training, strength and conditioning)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred, preferably in physical education, recreation or related field
- Knowledge of NCAA rules/regulations
- Min 4 years’ coaching experience
- Min. 1 year administrative experience in college/university environment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups of students, faculty and staff
- General knowledge of rules and/or experience officiating a sporting activity
- Ability to advise/motivate student athletes
Please send the following materials electronically to Ms. Nicole Ryan, Director of Athletics, St. Thomas Aquinas College at email@example.com: a cover letter addressing the applicant’s credentials and experience as they relate to the position; curriculum vitae; and names, email addresses and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
(POSTED on 5/10/23)
St. Thomas Aquinas College invites applications for the position of Finance Analyst reporting to Treasurer & Senior Vice President of Administration and Finance. This position is responsible for synthesizing data from multiple sources into clear, meaningful analyses that will guide well informed decisions.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Analyze external trends and data that influence the College’s financial planning, including but not limited to general operating expenditures.
- Provide analysis and recommend strategy required and requested for decision making and planning.
- Oversee investment portfolio, as well as the management of short-term investments.
- Assist in planning and developing the College’s annual operating budget and five-year financial plan.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial models, analysis, and projections.
- Perform analysis on budget performance, investigate variances, provide justification, and communicate to leadership as requested.
- Oversee college debt service agreements and provide reports as required.
- Monitor revenues and expenditures throughout the fiscal year and identify and communicate budget shortfalls to management.
- Prepare and review reports detailing actual and projected revenue and expenditures to date for distribution to internal and external users as requested.
- Responsible for overseeing the College’s Insurance policies; file claims and renewals.
- Act as liaison with the colleges Risk Management Team
- Consistently evaluates and assesses the finance function and recommends improvements for timely and accurate reporting to guide decision making.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field required, advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Elevated computer skills with ability to adapt to new technologies and enhancements.
- Must have advanced skills with MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to structure and develop complex models and data queries to support strategic business planning, decisions, and practices.
- Prior experience with Banner is a plus.
- Ability to work with others at the College and external constituents.
All candidates please send the following materials electronically to: Ms. Samantha Nierer, firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter addressing the applicant’s credentials and experience as they relate to the position; complete job application, provide a curriculum vitae; and names, email addresses and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
(POSTED on 5/1/23)
St. Thomas Aquinas College invites applications for a part time Collections Coordinator. The person hired for this position will report to the Director of Student Financial Services. Responsibilities include supporting the collection efforts of past due balances and resolving and clearing outstanding student debts and issues. In addition to coordinating outreach, monthly billing, and reporting. (Approximately 25 hours/week)
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Director of SFS and Controller with analysis and review to determine bad debt write offs.
- Monitor current term receivables to define high risk accounts for non-payment and coordinate outreach to support student payment options and next term registration.
- Coordinate with SFS team to review outstanding next term financial aid requirements and assist SFS team with outreach to initiate payment plan/completion of requirements for students.
- Complete student account analysis for end of term long term payment plans & coordinate outreach for enrollment.
- Make key recommendations to improve current processing and AR approach.
- Assist with student communication plans and outreach related to billing and financial aid.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior accounting experience, with strong focus on accounts receivable
- Worked with proven methodologies for account collections.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Data-driven mindset with strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Strong skill base in Excel worksheets and Google Sheets, experience working with tableau and MS Access is a plus.
- Excellent time management skills and able to independently prioritize tasks.
Please send the following materials electronically to Ms. Joanne Sullivan, Director, Student Financial Services, St. Thomas Aquinas College at email@example.com: a cover letter addressing the applicant’s credentials and experience as they relate to the position; curriculum vitae; and names, email addresses and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
(POSTED on 2/21/23)
St. Thomas Aquinas College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant, Administration and Finance reporting directly to the Treasurer and Senior Vice President of Administration and Finance. This position is responsible for the organization and day-to-day activities and deliverables of the office. This requires exceptional organization, computer, and analytical skills; ability to create effective support structures for deliverables; collaboration with multiple departments that will ensure meeting the needs of the SVP and the Finance and Administration offices of the college.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops and updates project plans of all deliverables expected from the various departments to the SVP from the offices of Human Resources, Facilities, Finance, and IT. Follow-ups to ensure projects are progressing and on time.
- Manages the SVP’s and departmental calendars to prioritize and resolve conflicts and to ensure all commitments and deadlines are met.
- Prepares correspondence, meeting materials, schedules, and other forms of communications to departments.
- Produces reports and statistical data as needed.
- Reconciles, maintains, and submits the following: invoices, check requests, purchase orders, contracts, and expense reports.
- Supports and coordinates Audit and Finance and Investment Committee meeting arrangements including teleconferences and minute taking, if required.
- Performs standard office tasks such as answering telephones, filing, ordering of supplies, faxing, and copying, and booking meeting rooms. Collects and opens mail addressed to the department, forwards correspondence to appropriate staff for action.
- Undertakes special assignments or projects on a wide variety of responsibilities as assigned by the SVP.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field of Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Proficient computer skills specifically with MS Excel/ Word and Google. Knowledge of Banner is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and self-directed
Please send the following materials electronically to: Ms. Samantha Nierer, firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter addressing the applicant’s credentials and experience, as they relate to the position; resume or curriculum vitae; and names, email addresses and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
The College does not discriminate against students, faculty, staff, and other beneficiaries on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, genetic predisposition, carrier status, veteran status, or religious affiliation in admission to, or in the provision of its programs and services.
(POSTED on 2/16/23)
St. Thomas Aquinas College invites applications for the position of Director of Residence Life. The Director is the College’s chief housing officer, under the direction of the Vice President for Student Development. The Director is responsible for all operations of a comprehensive Residence Life program. Direct reports will include the Associate Director, Residence Life, and a team of 3-4 staff that serve in on-call duty rotation, with an opportunity to assess the staffing model. This position is eligible for a generous salary and benefit package. It is preferred that the Director live in on-campus housing*.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Supervise and develop a dynamic, student –focused team of Residence Life professionals.
- Develop and maintain departmental programming and operating budgets.
- Develop and implement a strategy to increase occupancy of residence halls.
- Provide vision and leadership for expanding the utilization of residential facilities during non-academic periods.
- Assist the Vice President for Student Development and Associate Dean for Student Development in the management of community standards and judicial processes.
- Develop policies and procedures, programs, and services designed to improve the Residence Life program and support student satisfaction, engagement, and retention.
- Provide leadership and direction for development and implementation of residence hall policies and community standards.
- Provide crisis and emergency support in a 24/7 environment and serve in on-call rotation on evenings and weekends to assist with emergency management.
- Serve on the College’s Care Team and provide crisis intervention support and referral to appropriate resources.
- Create and share priorities for assessments of departmental functions including, student learning outcomes, staff evaluations, staffing patterns, and student satisfaction.
- Coordinate processes for room selection and housing assignments, housing agreements, student account billing, and occupancy reports.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred in Student Affairs, Student Personnel Services, Higher Education Administration, Counseling, or a related field.
- Three to five years of professional residence life experience required, including experience as a residence life administrator.
- Strong organizational, technology, supervisory and administrative skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- An abiding commitment to, and energy for students and being personally involved in student life on campus.
- Exceptional judgment and the ability to make decisions and recommendations with the highest levels of integrity, fairness, and ethical standards.
- Ability to work with diverse constituents to foster an inclusive community that is represented by respect, responsibility, and acceptance.
- Knowledge of student development theory, current issues, and trends in student affairs.
Note:* The Director’s apartment is a partner-friendly spacious one-bedroom with full kitchen and pantry, full bath, and washer and dryer hookups, with two reserved parking spaces. Full board is included while classes are in session.
Please send the following materials electronically to Ms. Zimmerman at email@example.com: a cover letter addressing the applicant’s credentials and experience, as they relate to the position; curriculum vitae or resume; and names, email addresses, and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
(POSTED on 12/6/22)
St. Thomas Aquinas College invites applications for two positions of Assistant Athletic Trainer. Under the direction of Manager of Sports Medicine/Head Athletic Trainer this position shall assist the Manager of Sports Medicine in prevention, care, and reconditioning of injuries incurred by athletes participating in our intercollegiate athletic programs. Responsibilities include but not limited to: Athlete Education, Conditioning of Athletes, Evaluation of Injured Athletes, First Aid for Injuries, Preventative Taping, Reconditioning of Injured Athletes
- National Athletic Trainer Association Certification
- NYS License
- Bachelors degree in Athletic Training from an accredited institution
- American Red Cross certification for Advanced First Aid and CPR/FPR/AED
- Knowledge of taping, rehab and modalities
- Hold personal professional liability insurance
- College/High School athletic training experience preferred
Please send the following materials electronically to Ms. Abbey Fallon, Manager, Sports Medicine, St. Thomas Aquinas College at firstname.lastname@example.org: a cover letter addressing the applicant’s credentials and experience as they relate to the position; curriculum vitae; and names, email addresses and contact information for three professional references. In addition, please indicate in your cover letter where you saw this job posting. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
SUPPORT STAFF POSITIONS
St. Thomas Aquinas College has an opportunity available for a Campus Safety & Security Officer (Per Diem). This position is responsible for performing activities to ensure the safety and security of all students, faculty and staff, guests, and campus facilities, and to enforce college policy/procedure as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws. Interact with local law enforcement as necessary. Individual must maintain flexible work schedule. Primary work hours will be evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Requires valid driver’s license
- NYS security guard registration
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Knowledge/use of computers and Microsoft applications beneficial
Send application and 3 names/contact information for 3 professional references to Mr. Michael Viohl, Assistant Director of Safety and Security at email@example.com.