- Student Life
- Campus Safety
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- Dimensions of Wellness
- Dining Services
- Exercise is Medicine on Campus
- Health and Wellness
- Local Features
- New Student Orientation
- Residence Life
- Social Justice & Equity Forum
- Student Development Policies
- Student Engagement
- Student Life Team
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
In office and Teletherapy/Video appointments may be scheduled by calling 845-398-4065. CAPS is located on the Upper Level of the Romano Student Alumni Center. In the event that you need to cancel and/or reschedule your appointment, please notify the Office as soon as you know that you will be unable to make your appointment. After an appointment is cancelled, it is the student’s responsibility to reschedule the appointment if another appointment is desired or required.
If you are scheduling an appointment for assistance with a personal issue, please read the following instructions:
- Schedule an Appointment (Please indicate if you prefer and in person or Teletherapy/Video appointment)
- After Scheduling Your Initial Appointment (applies for both in person and Teletherapy/Video appointments):
- You may receive an email assisting you with the establishment of a Therapy Portal account.
- After you establish a Therapy Portal account, you may be provided information regarding CAPS. You may also be directed to complete and sign some documents.
Teletherapy Appointments Utilizing Doxy
Teletherapy provides a secure modality for you to meet with your clinician for individual psychotherapy appointments. Teletherapy is available for STAC students who have been receiving mental health services through CAPS and/or for students who may be seeking assistance for the first time. To schedule an appointment, please call the CAPS office at 845-398-4065.
To utilize Teletherapy, please refer to the following instructions listed below:
- Users need to use Firefox or Google Chrome web browsers. You will need to first install one of these on your computer, if you haven’t already.
- Users do not need to create a doxy.me account. However, for the first time only, you will need to give permission for your browser to access your microphone and camera. Note, your computer/tablet/phone needs to have a microphone and camera.
- Doxy.me can be used on a desktop computer or a tablet or phone.
- Using Firefox or Google Chrome, go to the URL provided by your therapist in the email that was sent to your STAC email account.
- Plan to check-in at least 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment. The “Check In” box will appear. Enter your name and click “Check In” so your therapist knows you have arrived. The therapist will start the call at your scheduled time.
For more information about Doxy, please click the link below:
To participate in Teletherapy through CAPS and/or the Therapy Portal, you must use your STAC email account. The information you provide will assist CAPS staff in meeting your specific needs. Please note that the information you provide will ONLY be accessible to CAPS staff. Consult the “Policies and Confidentiality” Section or contact the CAPS office for additional clarification.