- Student Life
- Campus Safety
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- Dimensions of Wellness
- Dining Services
- Exercise is Medicine on Campus
- Health and Wellness
- Local Features
- New Student Orientation
- Residence Life
- Social Justice & Equity Forum
- Student Development Policies
- Student Engagement
- Student Life Team
Spartan Journey Orientation Program: Summer 2023
Congratulations and welcome to St. Thomas Aquinas College! We’re delighted to have you as members of the St. Thomas Aquinas College family! We’ve prepared an exciting, information-rich orientation program to prepare you for your first steps on your journey at St. Thomas Aquinas.
SPARTAN JOURNEY 2023 – OUR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION PROGRAM
Spartan Journey is an engaging orientation program that will introduce you to all the amazing opportunities for you at St. Thomas Aquinas, and show you how to use the many resources available to you as a Spartan. The program is mandatory for all new students at the College.
The program covers topics such as: Spartan Pride, Student Resources, Embracing the STAC Community, Academic Preparedness, and more!
Spartan Journey is made up three key components:
- Summer Registration Days will take place on campus on individual dates throughout the summer. You will develop your schedule and get to know some of the key faculty members in your area of study. STAC’s Academic Advising team will be available to assist as you create your own fall course schedule.
- The Spartan Journey takes place just before the fall semester starts and is the main focus of our New Student Orientation program. This three-day event is your opportunity to get acclimated to life at STAC, and it’s the best way to kick off your successful collegiate career.
- New Student Convocation takes place during the first week of classes in the beautiful Sacred Heart Chapel. At this event, members of the STAC community offer words of advice and encouragement to formally welcome you to our family.
- First Year Resident Student Move-In: Thursday, August 31, 2023 (Residents Only)
- Spartan Journey: Friday, September 1 – Sunday, September 3, 2023 (All Students) – See the schedule here.
- New Student Convocation: Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 2:30 PM
We look forward to welcoming you as a Spartan to the STAC Family!
Resident Students Only: Check-In for resident students will open at 8:30 AM on Thursday, August 31, 2023. Please follow Residence Life information for your check-in process. You will be emailed a session confirmation upon receipt of your online registration. Remember: ALL new incoming students are required to attend the Spartan Journey from September 1-3, 2023.
Spartan Journey Checklist
We know that the transition to college can be a challenging one. One of the most challenging aspects is handling the onboarding tasks that you and your family need to complete before the start of the semester. That’s why we wanted to provide a simple checklist below so that you can start to prepare throughout the summer and be ready for September:
- Complete Pre-Registration Survey
- Complete Spartan Journey Program Survey
- Schedule a meeting with Student Financial Services
- Complete your FAFSA (Student Financial Services)
- Review Your Notice of Award (Student Financial Services)
- Complete your Loan Requirements (Student Financial Services)
- Attend a Registration Day
- Log into Medicat (Health and Wellness)
- Submit Childhood Vaccination Records (MMR, Meningitis)
- Complete TB Screening questionnaire on Medicat
- Submit Health History (Resident Students Only)
- Register for Explore Next Door Trip (Information is in your STAC email.)
- Complete online Title IX Training (Coming Soon)
- Complete online Alcohol Awareness training (Coming Soon)
- Prep for Move In – (Resident Students) – August 31, 2023
- Attend Spartan Journey – September 1-3, 2023
We encourage our transfer students to register and attend any portion of the Spartan Journey they are interested in. There may be some overlap between the information you received at your previous institution; however, you will still receive important information pertinent to STAC and have the opportunity to meet other new Spartans.
Student Financial Services Appointments
The staff in the Office of Student Financial Services (SFS) is ready to help students and families create a personalized financial plan to make St. Thomas Aquinas College an affordable option. For more information, please schedule an appointment with an SFS team member today!
Parents and Family members are welcome to attend the first day of Spartan Journey.
Resident Students: Parents and Family will be able to join you on move-in day to help out.
On Friday, September 1, 2023, Parent Orientation will take place from 9:00 AM-2:00 PM. At the end of Parent Orientation, we ask parents and families to depart for the weekend allowing our newest Spartans to get acclimated to their new surroundings.
To register for Parent Orientation, make sure that your student registers you as an attendee when they register to attend Spartan Journey 2023. See our Parent Schedule here.
When Parent Orientation concludes, check out the links below for more information about fun activities you can do close by to STAC.
- Tallman State Park
- Palisades Mall
- Mario Cuomo Bridge Walk
- Shops at Nanuet
- Visit Nyack
- Visit Piermont
If you have questions or require additional information, please contact the Office of Student Engagement at 845-398-4084 or email email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you with Spartan Pride!
Homecoming, Reunion and Family Weekend – October 27 & 28
We will have events for everyone, including cheering on one of the athletic teams, meeting the students in our current clubs and organizations, or winning big at our casino night. We cannot wait to welcome you back to campus and create new memories as a Spartan Family. Register Today!
Your Spartan Spirit
As a unique individual, you possess interests and characteristics that give you a very specific “Spartan Spirit”. Your “Spartan Spirit” can give you insight into experiences, opportunities, and resources that speak to who you are and what you are looking for in your experience at the College. It can also be an opportunity to connect with other new Spartans who have similar interests. Learn more about our “Spartan Spirits” below.
Service Spartans may be interested in joining Clubs & Organizations such as Alpha Phi Omega, Paws 4 Change, Mental Health Club, or Spartans in Service. You may also consider becoming a STAC Ambassador in the future, representing the College at Admissions events.
Adventurous Spartans may be interested in off-campus trips provided by Student Engagement, club and intramural sports, as well as Performance Clubs and Organizations like our Laetare Players and Comedy Club!
Orientation at St. Thomas Aquinas College (STAC) is organized and planned by the Student Engagement Office and is designed to provide a warm welcome and assist you in your transition to life as a Spartan at STAC. The program introduces you to the individuals on campus, helpful information, and available resources to make your experience at STAC a success!
- Socialize with current and new students
- Prepare for Academic and Social Success
- Solve any onboarding concerns
- Learn more about campus
- Answer all of your questions about being a Spartan!
Every incoming freshman will be billed $150.00 for the Orientation Fee, which will be included on your Fall bill. The fee covers:
- Orientation materials
- Spartan Orientation swag
- All Orientation activities
The purpose of Orientation is for new students to gain autonomy and meet their new peers at St. Thomas Aquinas College. Because of this, we do not permit guests/friends/significant others to attend Orientation with the student. These guests may attend the Parent Orientation sessions taking place during New Student Orientation.
You will already have your schedule by the time Spartan Journey begins. You should attend a Registration Session during the summer to create your schedule. If you have questions about your schedule, you may reach out to the Office of Academic Advising at (845) 398-4090.
We will inform you of your academic advisor during your registration. You will be able to access this information through Banner Self Service, our College information system. We will introduce you to Banner Self-Service during Orientation.
It’s really up to you. Some students like to do so before the start of the semester, where others choose to wait until the beginning of the semester. Check out our online Bookstore at www.stac.bkstr.com/.
During the first month of school, you will be adjusting to college life both academically and personally. You will familiarize yourself with classes, classmates and professors, learn academic expectations, and identify resources available should you need extra support. STAC 101, your first-year seminar course, will help pull together all these aspects and foster a positive transition. On a personal level, you will get to know your peers, roommate(s), and become involved in student life. The Student Engagement Office and the Student Government Association sponsor many student-run organizations and on-campus events for both residents and commuters, especially during the first month of school.
You can expect to have fun, meet new friends, and become prepared to be a successful Spartan! See you soon!
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Student Engagement at 845-398-4084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.