- Academic Affairs
- Academic Calendars
- College Catalogs
- Graduate School Partnerships
- Study Abroad
- Academic Services
- Accelerated Graduate Degree Programs
- Combined Degree Programs
- General Education
- HEOP Program
- Honors Program
- Lougheed Library
- Pathways Program
- School of STEM
- STEM Advisory Board
- Partnership Programs
- Summer Exploration Program
- STEM Program Courses
- Applied Mathematics
- Biology (BA)
- Biology (BS)
- Biology Pre-Chiropractic
- Biology Pre-Pharmacy
- Biology Pre-Physical Therapy
- Biology Pre-Podiatric Medicine
- Biotechnology Minor
- Chemistry (BA)
- Chemistry Minor
- Computer Science
- Computer Science – Cloud Computing
- Computer Science – Data Analytics
- Computer Science – Graphics
- Data Science
- Exercise Science – Allied Health
- Exercise Science – Kinesiology
- Exercise Science – Kinesiology with Coaching
- Mathematics – Actuarial Science
- Exercise Science Minor
- Forensic Science
- Medical Technology
- Physics (BA)
- School of Business
- Certificate Programs
- Business Program Courses
- 150 Hour Accounting
- Accounting Minor
- Business Minor
- Digital Marketing Minor
- Economics Minor
- Finance Minor
- Hospitality Management
- Hospitality Management Minor
- Human Resource Management Minor
- International Business Minor
- Management Information Systems Minor
- Management Minor
- Marketing Minor
- SPM – Business / Athletic Administration
- SPM – Recreational Sports & Coaching
- Sport Management Studies Minor
- School of Arts & Social Sciences
- Justice Studies Institute
- Arts & Social Sciences Program Courses
- Art Therapy
- Art Education K-12 Certification
- Communication Arts
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice
- Human Rights & Social Justice Minor
- English with Adolescence Certification
- Forensic Psychology Minor
- Journalism Minor
- Latina/o/x Studies Minor
- Liberal Arts
- MPA Course Offerings
- Performing Arts Minor
- Public Relations Minor
- Psychology Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Religious Studies / Philosophy
- Romance Languages
- Social Policy & Civic Engagement
- Social Media Minor
- Social Sciences
- Social Science with Adolescence Certification
- Sociology Minor
- Spanish with Adolescence Certification
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Visual Art
- Visual Communications in Graphic Design
- Writing Minor
- School of Education
- Master of Science in Education
- Master of Science in Teaching
- 5-Year Dual Degrees
- Education Certificate Programs
- Student Teaching
- Summer STEAM Camps
- Summer Literacy Program
- Education Program Courses
- Art Education K-12
- Childhood Education
- Childhood & Special Education
- Early Childhood & Childhood Education
- Educational Studies
- English with Grades 7-12 Certification
- Mathematics with Adolescence Certification
- Social Science with Grades 7-12 Certification
- Master of Science in Education, TESOL
- Post-Masters Professional Certificate in TESOL
Take advantage of our exciting opportunities to get a head start on your MPA-CJ with our combined degree programs.
In addition to tuition incentives, you will be able to enter the workforce sooner through these accelerated programs. The MPA-CJ program prepares you for a variety of professional careers, including those found in government, public service, and the non-profit sector both in criminal justice agencies and more broadly.
4+1 COMBINED DEGREE FOR STAC STUDENTS
Are you interested in a career in the public or non-profit sector?
If you are thinking about a career in public service, please consider the Combined B.S. and MPA-CJ (4+1) program at STAC. The 36 credit Master of Public Administration in Criminal Justice offers an excellent preparation for your career, and positions you for a variety of public and non-profit professional careers. Best of all, the combined degree program allows you to complete your MPA-CJ within a year of earning your B.S. degree!
The 4+1 program is open to all majors. Courses provide a breadth of knowledge in many subject areas. Depending on your major, and the free electives you have available, you can take up to 12 credits while still a senior or advanced junior, and earn credits towards both degrees. In other words, you would earn 12 graduate credits while paying undergraduate tuition.
Getting a head start on your MPA-CJ degree will save you both time and money!
“Having the opportunity to get a head start on my MPA-CJ during my undergraduate years has helped me excel to where I am today, ready to begin a career in the field. Not only has the program helped fast track my MPA, but it has allowed me to explore the world of public administration and a variety of careers. You get to be a part of an amazing community of faculty, staff, and students who are there every step of the way to see you succeed.” – Tyiana Nunez, MPA-CJ graduate
For more information, please contact the MPA-CJ Program Director, Dr. Ellen Chayet, email@example.com to plan your program.
2+2+1 COMBINED DEGREE PROGRAM FOR ROCKLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (RCC) TRANSFER STUDENTS
We are excited to announce a new, accelerated 2+2+1 Combined Degree (5-year) MPA-CJ program for RCC transfer students who major in criminal justice. You can earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in as little as 3 years after transferring to STAC!
If you are interested in a career in public service, the 36 credit Master of Public Administration in Criminal Justice offers excellent preparation, and positions you for a variety of public and non-profit professional careers.
The transfer pathway to earning the B.S. and MPA-CJ from STAC involves:
- Associate of Science in Criminal Justice RCC (2 years) Required for acceptance
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice STAC (2 years)
- Master of Public Administration in Criminal Justice STAC (1 year)
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COMBINED DEGREE PROGRAMS
Requirements for the 4+1 Combined Degree Program for STAC Students
If you are interested in this exciting program:
- To be eligible, you must be a senior, a rising senior, or a very advanced junior at STAC with a minimum GPA of 3.4
- Any major is eligible for this program, although you should have sufficient free electives to take as graduate classes.
- You should meet with the Program Director as soon as possible, even while a freshman, and periodically while still an undergraduate. This is important to plan your pathway to the combined degree MPA-CJ.
- Apply to the program, using a dedicated application process. To be accepted, you will need an acceptance interview with the Program Director.
- The typical student will take 4 graduate courses during their senior year, although advanced juniors can begin to take classes after completing 75 undergraduate credits.
Requirements for the 2+2+1 Combined Degree Program for RCC Transfer Students
If you are interested in this exciting program:
- To be eligible, you must graduate with an Associate of Science in Criminal Justice from Rockland Community College with a minimum GPA of 3.4.
- Students who meet these requirements will be guaranteed acceptance to the criminal justice major at STAC, will meet with and be advised by the MPA-CJ Program Director, and transfer to STAC with junior standing.
- You will then qualify for a 2+2+1 Transfer Student Scholarship for full-time study leading towards the MPA-CJ.
- All transfer credits will be applied toward the completion of the articulated Bachelor of Science degree program in Criminal Justice.
- You must register at STAC as a full-time, matriculated student. Taking full advantage of the 2+2+1 program requires (with a few exceptions) for you to take 5 classes a semester for the first 2 years you are a STAC student.
- You will need to maintain satisfactory academic progress towards your degree, a cumulative GPA of 3.4, in addition to full-time matriculated status. (See the graduate catalog for a description of academic progress.)
For more information, contact the MPA-CJ Program Director, Dr. Ellen Chayet, firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your program.
MPA Tuition Discounts
We are proud to partner with criminal justice professionals and St. Thomas Aquinas College alumni to offer discounted tuition, outlined below, when they enroll in the Master of Public Administration in Criminal Justice program.
CRIMINAL JUSTICE PROFESSIONALS IN PUBLIC SERVICE
We are proud to offer a 33% tuition discount for students currently working as criminal justice professionals in public service.
St. Thomas Aquinas College graduates who transition into the MPA-CJ program directly following the completion of their undergraduate degree are eligible for a 20% tuition discount. All St. Thomas Aquinas College alumni are eligible for a 10% tuition discount. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
GET A HEAD START ON YOUR MPA-CJ WITH OUR COMBINED DEGREE PROGRAMS
Undergraduates with a variety of majors, and RCC transfer students in criminal justice can begin taking MPA-CJ classes while still enrolled as a senior or an advanced junior, and earn credit towards both undergraduate and graduate degrees while still an undergraduate. Please read the outlined information above for more details.
Contact Dr. Ellen Chayet, Director of the MPA-CJ Program at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*STAC Alumni: For more information about these and other discounts, please contact us.